11 September 2019
President Professor Richard Li-Hua of New Beacon Campus (NBC) today signed an MOU with Mr David Kwee (CEO) of the Training Vision Institute (TVI).
Also in attendance at the signing ceremony was Professor Keith Luo, Director of Partnerships at NBC and Dr Roland Ng, Chief Programme Officer at TVI in Singapore.
Picture shows (left to right): Professor Luo and Professor Li-Hua of NBC, Mr Kwee and Dr Ng of TVI.
President Li Hua commented “that this marked a new chapter of NBC’s development, to start working with multinational companies in the ASEAN region and delivering bespoke training programmes internationally and here at NBC in Stafford with our new partner TVI”.
An example of the current Executive Development Programmes offered by NBC can be seen here: https://www.newbeaconcampus.com/executive-development-programmes
These programmes can now be offered as tailored made packages to suit the needs of the companies and individuals who are interested.
The flexible nature of the delivery and location of the programmes with our new partner TVI means that these programmes will indeed fulfil the philosophy of East meets West, whether it is taught in Stafford or Singapore.
The partnership between NBC and TVI is probably the first of its kind between two institutions from Singapore and UK. This will enable TVI to work with NBC towards establishing a “TVI APEC Education Center” under the Academy (temporarily named as “Academy of Future Glocal Entrepreneurs”) of NBG, and becoming a delivery centre in Singapore upon approval of SU in due course where the following programmes can be delivered:
- SU foundation programmes for UG and PG, and
- Articulation programmes for UG and PG and/or
- Franchise programmes for UG and PG
Similarly, TVI wishes to establish a “TVI College” in New Beacon Campus, Stafford, to offer pathway programmes for Asian Students to study courses which are accredited by the Staffordshire University. This partnership would potentially benefits thousands of students from the East to experience a world class higher education experience in the West.
Strategic Outcomes of the Strategic Collaboration
Both parties strongly believe that by working together would enable us to be in a stronger position:
- To enhance our global reputation and impact, strengthen our market position and establish sustainable multiple revenue streams through our key pipeline channels of global partners.
- To leverage our marketing and recruitment strategy locally, nationally and globally, underpinned by sharing resources and a high-quality learning experiences and strong global reputation.
- To contribute to our academic capacity building and global visibility.